Recipes - Meadow beef
Rib eye steak with red wine sauce
- 4 Rib eye steaks, striploin steaks or other grilling cuts
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) butter
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) honey
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) red wine
- 250 ml (1 cup) demi-glace sauce
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) mixed peppercorns, ground
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) star anise, ground
- Salt and pepper
- On the grill or a ridged skillet, cook the beef until desired doneness.
- In another pan, sauté the shallot and garlic in oil, butter and honey. Deglaze with the wine and reduce for 1 minute. Add demi-glace, pepper and anise. Simmer for 1 minute. Adjust seasoning.
- Drizzle beef with sauce. Delicious with Spring Barley “Risotto” with Asparagus.