Recipes - Milk-fed calves
Maple veal stew
Preparation: 20 min
Cooking time: 1 h 20
- 1lb of cubed veal
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 / 3 cup of maple syrup from Quebec
- orange juice
- 1 apple
- 3 c. tablespoons cream lightened
- Salt and pepper
- Cut veal into cubes, if it wasn't already. Let brown in a little oil for 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Peel and slice the carrots and onion, then fry them. Add the veal, maple syrup, and orange juice. If necessary, fill with water to cover meat and vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 1 hour.
- Peel and dice apples and add the remaining ingredients 10 minutes before the end of cooking, with fresh cream.
- Goes very well with rice or potatoes and, of course, a delicious dessert with maple like a pie, a pudding or cookies. Bon appetit!