Recipes - Pastured pigs
Pork shoulder BBQ roast on the spit
Preparation: 20 min
Cooking time: 4 h
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast around 1.4 kg (3lb), tied
- Salt and pepper
- 750 ml(3 cups) pineapple juice
- 60 ml(1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 15 ml (1 tbsp)sauce Wocestershire
- 5 ml (1 tsp)paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
In a saucepan of boiling salted water, poach roast two hours in simmering water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan, boil all ingredients. Reduce by 20-25 minutes or until the sauce thickens and there is only 250 ml (1 cup).
- In a large bowl or in the same pan, coat meat with marinade. Set aside.
- Preheat grill on high.
- Insert a rod for BBQ Roasting in the roast and put it into the grill. Pepper. Place an old pan or a large aluminum tray filled with water directly on the grill under the roast. Reduce the temperature of the grill over low heat. Roast about 2 hours or until meat is tender. Baste meat with marinade every 15 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Remove the string, untie the roast and cut into chunks or slices.