Braised onions beef
- 1 2.2 lb (about 1 kg) bone-in beef blade roast
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 500 mL (2 cups) beef or chicken broth
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper
Place the rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 165°C (325°F).
In a large skillet, brown the meat on both sides in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place in a baking dish. In the same skillet, brown the onions in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze with the broth. Bring to a boil and pour over the roast. Place the carrots around the roast.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 3 hours or until the meat is fork tender.
Delicious with mashed potatoes, rice, pasta or in a salad with white beans and tomatoes.