Butternut squash and bacon linguine
- 1 lb. linguine or other long pasta
- 8 slices bacon, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups butternut squash (Butternut), finely diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups of milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
A few shavings of Parmesan cheese, to garnish
In a large saucepan, cook the pasta in a large quantity of boiling salted water according to package instructions.
While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, sauté the bacon with the garlic, onion and diced squash. Dissolve the flour in the chicken stock and add the milk. Pour into skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.
When the pasta is cooked, drain it in a colander, add it to the sauce and, if necessary, season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with a little basil and Parmesan cheese, to taste.